Blogger boogers

Thursday, October 09, 2003

Elevators

The building I work in his three elevators. It's seven floors total, but you enter on the third and fourth floors. I take the elevator when I'm going more than one flight up. I take the stairs if I'm going one flight down. Many times, I take the stairs down all the way. I have a problem going up because of bad knees and back. I can do it if I have to and sometimes I do, when I'm feeling good. Or masochistic.

I can't figure out people who take elevators up just one floor. They will wait, literally, for minutes. Two or three at times when the elevators are busy. (Oh, forgot to mention that one or two are usually broken at any one time) When the elevator comes, they'll get on, push the button for the floor above and stand there smugly while everyone else on the 'vator stares holes through their skull and dreams about giving them an express ride to the pavement.

I do understand that, because it's a little confusing about how this building is laid out, people might get on the elevator thinking they're on the second or third floor and they want to go to the fourth or fifth. Then, when the elevator goes up only one floor, they realize their mistake. That's cool... I've made similar errors. I harbor them no ill will.

It's the people who do it all the time. Who are just there, waiting, because it was easier than going to the stairwell and using their legs. Exercise. What a concept. People drive 600 yards to work. People drive a quarter of a mile to go to a gym so they can walk a mile on a treadmill. I suppose there will be a time when people will ride their Segway down the hall to wait for the elevator to go up -- or down -- a flight to the next floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home