Blogger boogers

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Monday Night Football

The game was a bust, the Raiders were getting their butts handed them on a platter. It was 31-10 when I left part way into the fourth. Didn't really have much at stake in the game since I don't really follow either team. I like Jerry Rice, though, so I always hope for a good game for him. He wasn't being used to his potential tonight, unfortunately. Gannon looked like a high school QB out there too at times. I'm not quite sure how they made it to the Superbowl but they really started falling apart during that game and I think it's continued.

Next week is Green Bay vs. Chicago. The Bay has fallen on some hard times this season. Brett isn't as strong as he used to be. They're opening the "new" Soldier Field, too. I drove by it when it was nearly done about six months ago. It's hideous. They just bascially kept the outside walls of the old Soldier Field and built a new stadium inside. That's all fine and good except there's no cohesiveness to bind the two together. It just looks like.... well.... they built a new football stadium inside an old one and forgot to take the walls down.

The good thing is that it's a classic matchup of two old NFL teams. They're part of the Black and Blue Division, which Detroit is also in. They tend to play a much more agressive style of football and they have a long rivalry extending back 70 or so years. Plus, they both sort of suck so the matchup will be a little more even. I'll predict Green Bay takes this one. GB 28 - Chi 17.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home