Blogger boogers

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I wanna be like him....

John Walker was one of the founders of AutoDesk, makers of the industry-standard AutoCad program. He's retired now, having made a boatload of money, and spends his time living leisurely. He has a most excellent web space set up and it's unusual in that it's more infomative than flashy. You can see the home page here.

He's got just boatloads of cool content there. He's really into astronomy and put together an amazing guide on weight loss. He also has a reading list here. The purpose of this post is to focus on this section.

This man reads a lot. I went through his list and added six or seven books to my Amazon Wish List. (Feel free to buy me something from it. :) If you do, and you go there from John's reading list, he'll get a little bonus money. Spread the wealth if you can.

Anyway I thought this would be a good place to list books that I'm reading. I certainly won't have the quantity of John's list; he has seven listed for January and it isn't even the end of the month! I likely won't have the quality, either, since I still have childish and purulent interests aside from my intellectual and scholarly ones. Daddy always said to keep your interests broad! :)

I just checked out Stephen Ambrose's Nothing Like it in the World from the library. I'm a huge Ambrose fan and definately looking forward to reading it. It's the story of the building of the transcontinental railroad as told in Ambrose fashion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home