Blogger boogers

Thursday, January 29, 2004

American traveller

This is a pretty cool site... allows you to enter the states you've visited and it generates a map of them:






create your own visited states map
I plucked it from Eric's blog, over on LJ.

My criteria for "visiting" a state is, 1) Sleep in it. 2) Drive the long axis of it. I've never stayed overnight in Georgia but I've driven the long length of it four times on my way to and from two visits to Florida. Likewise Nebraska. I haven't spent much time in Iowa, except to drive the width and stay in Des Moines overnight. But these all qualify.

Setting aside those rules, add Arkansas, Mississippi, West Virginia (driven through part of and no overnights) and New York (for the 1981 International Band Festival but we stayed in Niagara Falls, Canada) for all of the states I've set a physical foot in.

No new states immediately on the horizon; though if Jen decides to go to grad school in California (San Diego) :( , I'll be the one driving the van there and back. So much for my vow to never go to southern California. I'm considering a four day weekend at some point, to go to the U.P. so I might zip into Minnesota for a little recon which may or may not end up counting, depending on what we find there.