Blogger boogers

Monday, November 03, 2003

It's been a while

Much has happened, all of it seeming a blur at times... But we'll go over things one at a time.

Eagles Concert 10/14:
Like I said, it was awesome. Joe Walsh is a nut, but in a good way. There were a LOT of songs from the solo works of all of the group but I think Joe had more. Which is not a bad thing. His version of "Life's Been Good to Me" was cool.

The death of the Taurus 10/16:
I was working late, preparing for a presentation to a group of kids on the mythology of the constellations. Coming home on Ford Rd. around 11:45, I saw a guy coming at me flashing his lights. He was in an SUV so I was slightly below his hood which made the brights that much brighter. Anyway, I was trying to figure out why he was flashing his lights at me when I saw the deer in the middle of the road. There was at least one buck and one or two others, though I couldn't tell how many. I didn't have but a second to react. I managed to not hit the deer on the front which would have certainly killed him and possibly hurt me if he flipped into the car or caused the airbags to go off. I hit him on a glancing blow to the front fender of the car. His chest broke the mirror and his antlers shattered the window. I spun him around and his hind dented the rear door. I went into the ditch, where I must have hit something that broke the radiator on the bottom since that all leaked out and steamed everywhere. I thought for a minute the car was on fire. Not a good feeling!!

So I got to make my first insurance claim ever. 22 years of being a licensed driver. The good thing was that I got rental insurance a year or so ago, so I have a nice 2003 Dakota Quadcab coutesy of AAA. They haven't told me how much they're going to give me for it. I have 30 days of rental coverage on it, so they'll have to do something by Thursday the 13th of November. I'm not too impressed with their quality of service.

The search for a new car 10/17 - 11/??:
I've found many cars, mostly Tauruses (Taurii?), Crown Victorias, and Grand Marquis, all reasonably low mileage, for around $5000. This plays well into my plans for a fairly cheap car which will get me around for a few years at least while I get a house. Right now the front runner is a Crown Vic from Stu Evans Lincoln Mercury which is beautiful in all ways. But. It might need a new transmission. Which is not a Good Thing�. It's being checked by my mechanic and transmission guy today. They'll decide for me what the final answer is. Shopping for cars is fun when you DON'T need one.

Thanksgiving 11/27:
I have football to look forward to. Sis is making dinner for me and I'll go there and eat and watch TV and be lonely.

Bleah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home