Blogger boogers

Thursday, November 06, 2003

Car update

I found a car.... Go me!

1994 Crown Victoria, dark forest green is what they call it. I call it dark blue. But that's the life of a color-blind person.

Got a good price on it; they knocked $900 off the sticker because it's probably going to need transmission work at some point in the near future. But beyond that, it's a very nice car. It's at the transmission shop right now (Haas Transmission, in Dexter. Recommended, of course, by Steve Steeb) getting a transmission flush and fluid treatment. Once I get that taken care of, I'll get an alignment -- it steers just a tiny bit to the right -- and there's a star in the windshield that needs patching. Then I'll treat myself to an early Christmas present and have a decent stereo put in with a CD. Having the truck with it's CD has spoiled me a little.

Speaking of the truck, I still have it. Tomorrow I'll have had it for three weeks. I'm keeping it until they tell me to give it back. The car is paid for so the money I'll get for the Taurus isn't really an issue. Plus it won't be an inconvenience to be without a car while I'm getting mine worked on. The only drawback is the gas cost... That truck sucks it down like there's no freakin' tomorrow. I don't know how people can afford to drive them.

Speaking of which, the tranny shop called... it's fixed and the shudder is gone. (For now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home