Blogger boogers

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I'm gonna score "12"

I signed up for the GRE yesterday. I need to take it to assure my place in the grad program at MSU. The trouble is that I didn't take one of the sample tests before I signed up. Now that I've done that, I'm positive that I will have the lowest score ever recorded in the GRE. I was told that just putting your name down gives you 20 points, so I figured that I can spell at least one name right and the other name close, so I'll get half credit plus partial.

This is a step I must take and I must not falter at it. But DAMN, it's a scary one. I don't take standardized tests well -- at least I don't think I do. To see the scores of the standardized tests I have taken may show differently but it's still all about the stress.

I've decided to devote several hours per weekend to study. The test is October 15 at 1pm. This gives me 7 weekends. At a basic three hours per weekend, that's 21 hours. I've read entire books in less time. If I can manage more, that'll be icing on the cake. Of course, that also means that I won't be tempted away by the siren call of the television. Or my computer. Or some random shiny thing....

Crap. I'm gonna score -6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home