Blogger boogers

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Of all people, Hermann Goering...

Said this:

Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.


When I first read it, I didn't believe it. But in doing some research as to the authenticity of it, I ran across previous verification of it from snopes. If it's at snopes, it's true. I know them only by reputation and I do know from personal experience that they confirm what they say. The link to the verification is here.

I confess that when I read this I was surprised at how well it fits current events. I didn't think that Goering really had said this but it sounded like a quote that might be tracked down with some digging. When I saw that it had, indeed been said by him, I got a cold chill.

Vote. Please. Follow your conscience, read the words above over and over, and follow your conscience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home