Blogger boogers

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

The need to blog is strong in this one.

I know I haven't blogged in more than forever but I have a really good excuse!! Yeah, I do... Ummm... My dog ate it. I dropped it in the mud and couldn't read it. No, really!

No, really. I've been up to my shiny metal ass in work which has allowed me precious little free time to expound on life's humor. I'm taking a few minutes now while I run some utilities on another computer. Were it not for this need, precipitated by interesting and strange random freeze ups, I'd be back nose to the grindstone.

Today's problem centers around getting this silly ticketing system to work. I have XP installed, patched, and firewalled; ASPemail installed but not tested; IIS installed and tested; and the Liberum Help Desk installed. That's the biggie right now: I can't get the stupid software to run. It's basically just .asp scripts which feed into an Access database. The problem is that I can't get to the helpdesk itself which is accessible via a web interface. It keeps telling me that it can't view XML input using XSL style sheets. Gah.

After it finishes, I'm going back in. Wish me luck.

BTW: Here's the message I'm getting, in case someone reads this who understands more than I:

The XML page cannot be displayed. Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource
'file:///C:/Inetpub/... etc'

<%@ LANGUAGE="VBScript" %>
-^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home