Blogger boogers

Friday, October 18, 2002

So I wanted to see what this whole blog thing was about. I decided to read a random sampling of 10 or 12 blogs from this and other sites. Of the ones I read, I decided that I could do one that would be at least as entertaining as about half and better spellchecked than perhaps 80%. I don't guarantee that I'll spell everything right each time or be absolutely grammatically correct, either. In fact I write in a very conversational tone which frequently lends itself to grammatic license, so there ya go.

I'm most likely doing this the way nearly everyone does at first: I give a justification for doing what I'm doing, tell how I'm going to do it, and then get into the conversations. Call me a sheep. But I'm a self-aware sheep.

I don't really know how often I'll post. I suppose, as with anything new and shiny, I'll use it frequently at first and then taper off as time goes on and the novelty wears off. Especially if I realize it's more work than I thought it would be. I'm a lazy person by nature, so the simpler something is, the more likely I am to use it. The irony is not lost on me that I'm a systems administrator who deals with computers of all shapes, sizes, flavors, and complexity all day long. But maybe that's why I like simpler things in life outside of work.

I'm gonna stop now and post this, just to see what it looks like. A lot like taking a look at those boogers before we flick them away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home